Thursday, April 2, 2020

Uncontrollable Laughter – Nutmeg’s Shenanigans

If anyone else has a cat, then they know that cats LOVE to get into boxes, vases, baskets, really anything they think they can fit themselves into. My cat, Nutmeg, is no different. She’s constantly getting into trouble and finding things she can get into. It’s quite amusing. Downstairs in our living room, we have a fruit bowl that, surprisingly, doesn’t have any fruit it in. Weird. Anyways, yesterday, while my mom and I were walking around the house watering the plants, we came across Nutmeg literally squished on top of the clearly smaller than her body fruit bowl. We both immediately busted out laughing. Here was this cat trying to fit her body somewhere that clearly wasn’t meant for her! I don’t know if anyone in this class has seen the film, The Secret Life of Pets. But, the main cat character in the film, Chloe, accurately depicts the common cat. If you haven’t seen the film, I highly recommend you give it a view—it’s so great and so funny! Anyway, Nutmeg always finds herself getting into trouble, and when we stumbled upon her yesterday, we couldn’t help but laugh at what she was doing. I think the reason why it’s so funny is because it’s something unexpected that goes beyond the ordinary. During these times of uncertainty, we have to find the humor in the little things. Nutmeg has been that source for me. She always keeps me on my toes, and I love her for that! I had to take a photo of it, so if anyone’s interested, here it is!


4 comments:

  1. This gave me such a laugh Kelley!! Nutmeg is adorable - and so funny. I love how you told the story about finding her in the fruit bowl and then connecting it to a movie! Sounds just like you :) But truly, we all could use a bit more laughter in our lives during this time and I'm so glad you found a little humor in the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nutmeg in the fruit bowl is delightful. Thanks for posting. My furry friends are a great source of laughter and comfort, so I enjoyed seeing Nutmeg in the bowl on top of the table. My 18 year old cat loves to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the comparison of Nutmeg to the secret life of pets. Chloe adds a lot of humor to that movie. Pets can be so peculiar and add so much joy to these times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Animals always seem to be doing something that makes me laugh. Nutmeg seems so precious and I love the confidence she has getting into that fruit bowl. Great content!

    ReplyDelete

The Top 5 Things I’ve Learned This Semester

I’ve learned so much during the course of this semester. I’ve learned various important things about humor, comedy, and laughter from Mor...